<build>
    <plugins>
       <plugin>
        <version>2.1-20080129.223043-7</version>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.5</source>
          <target>1.5</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
      <!--  TestNg plugin -->
     <plugin>
        <version>2.4</version>
        <configuration>
          <suiteXmlFiles>
            <suiteXmlFile>testng.xml</suiteXmlFile>
          </suiteXmlFiles>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <descriptorRefs>
            <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
          </descriptorRefs>
          <archive>
            <manifest>
              <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
              <mainClass>com.jbe.core.Foo</mainClass>
            </manifest>
          </archive>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

<parent>
    <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
    <version>0.1</version>
    <artifactId>foo-foo</artifactId>
    <groupId>foo</groupId>
  </parent>

I also find that I have to include foo-b in my foo's pom.xml in order to
compile even though, foo-a is dependent on foo-b and therefore must compile
foo-b before foo-a.
<dependencies>
 <dependency>
      <groupId>foo</groupId>
      <artifactId>foo-a</artifactId>
      <version>${project.version}</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
<dependency>
      <groupId>foo</groupId>
      <artifactId>foo-b</artifactId>
      <version>${project.version}</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>
/dependencies>

In addition, I have to add dependencies in all the pom.xml even if they have
been specified in the parent pom.xml.

Thanks,

Karthik Krishnan