Hi All,

I'm trying to exclude some files from the built jar by using the
maven-jar-plugin exclude feature.

Here's my configuration:

<excludes>
   <exclude>**/*.properties</exclude>
   <exclude>**/*.xml</exclude>
   <exclude>**/*.xsd</exclude>
</excludes>

Although all the specified files are actually excluded from the deployed
jar, the directory paths of the excluded files are still created into
the jar.

I mean, if I have the following files under the resources directory:

resources/log4j.properties
resources/xml/file.xml
resources/xml/schema/schema.xsd

These files won't be included in the built jar, but I'll still have the
following path into it:

resources/xml/schema/

Is anyone aware of this problem with the maven-jar-plugin...?

Thanks.

Cheers
   Patrizio

--