Thanks for your answer,

so is it a real problem...?

Thanks

Olivier Lamy wrote:
Post an issue in jira.
And attach a simple project test case to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
--
Olivier

2008/3/11, Patrizio Munzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi All,

 I'm trying to exclude some files from the built jar by using the
 maven-jar-plugin exclude feature.

 Here's my configuration:

 <excludes>
    <exclude>**/*.properties</exclude>
    <exclude>**/*.xml</exclude>
    <exclude>**/*.xsd</exclude>
 </excludes>

 Although all the specified files are actually excluded from the deployed
 jar, the directory paths of the excluded files are still created into
 the jar.

 I mean, if I have the following files under the resources directory:

 resources/log4j.properties
 resources/xml/file.xml
 resources/xml/schema/schema.xsd

 These files won't be included in the built jar, but I'll still have the
 following path into it:

 resources/xml/schema/

 Is anyone aware of this problem with the maven-jar-plugin...?

 Thanks.

 Cheers
    Patrizio

 --