The other plugin that breaks is maven-bundle-plugin (http://felix.apache.org/site/maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html). If you search their page, you shall find that it mentions it has supportedProjectTypes defaults to "jar","bundle."

Thanks,
Sahoo

Stephen Connolly wrote:
I think you are out of luck. What is the other plugin that breaks, and does
the hk2-jar packaging produce artifacts that have the type hk2-jar or do
they have the type jar?

I suspect that this bold 3rd plugin is expecting artifacts of type jar and
you are producing artifacts of type hk2-jar which is why it breaks.

I remember that there is a way to have the packaging xyz still produce only
artifact of type abc, and that using this removed the issue you describe
when I encountered it before

-Stephen