> If you read the comments in that issue you will understand why.

I read it, but I still have the feeling that maven community do not
understand what exactly this improvement is and why it is interesting.

This improvement does exactly what the maven-changes-plugin do.
The only difference is that the actual maven-changes-plugin uses a
changes.xml file in src/changes/ directory. You have to write it and manage
its evolution by hand. This is a problem and error-prone. In order to
address this problem, this improvement is looking directly to the scm commit
comments and aggregate them to generate the report.

So, the actual maven-changes-plugin and this improvement generate the same
report but from a different data source.
I still don't really understand why it's a problem to add a new goal for the
maven-changes-plugin for this improvement.

Thanks,

Rémy