Rémy Sanlaville wrote:
Because we already have a plugin that generates a report from an SCM
system, namely maven-changelog-plugin.

Yes but the reports are completely different :
 - maven-changes-plugin :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/changes-report.html
 - maven-changelog-plugin :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changelog-plugin/changelog.html

This improvement generate the same report as maven-changes-plugin not
maven-changelog-plugin.
I'm sorry but I still don't understand the problem and what maven community
can proposed for user who want this feature (changes-report generated from
SCM comments).

Rémy

The proposed plugin did not fit well into either maven-changes-plugin or maven-changelog-plugin. The author of the plugin has since approached the Mojo project at codehaus. The plugin is currently an enhancement request there:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-1026

--
Dennis Lundberg