Java has poor support for windows UNC (samba) fiel storage.

I myself tried to store my managed repository on \\myserver\mybackup but the
WebDav support fails due to call to Java File.normalize() method. This is a
known java limitation (I don't have the java bug Id but it is reported for
long time and never fixed).

An option (not tested) would be to "mount" the network share as a drive (as
"X:"). I didn't tried this myself as it was simplier for me to configure my
backup !

Nico.