Hi, I'm trying to use the maven-dependency-plugin to dump a list of
the project's dependencies out to a text file, but I can not seem to
get it to do anything.

relevant configuration:

                          <plugin>
                                <version>2.0</version>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>write-dependencies</id>
                                                <phase>compile</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>list</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <configuration>

<outputFile>dependencies.txt</outputFile>
                                                </configuration>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>
        </build>

I would expect that if I do "mvn compile" it would create
dependencies.txt but it does not.  Anyone have an idea what I'm doing
wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Davis