From: Davis Ford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:57 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: maven-dependency-plugin

Hi Brian,

Indeed -- total goof-up on my part.  I had multiple project pom.xml
files and was editing the wrong one.  It works like a charm.

Quick related question...the whole purpose of me dumping this to a
text file was because I could not see an easy way to programmatically
get a list of all project dependencies....so I figured I'd create the
.txt file and parse it myself.

The reason I want this list is as part of reporting framework we have.
 We run a long-running set of quality checks on some data, and I need
to be able to store with the final report the list of all things like
.jar versions, database versions, etc., etc.

Is there somewhere an API that would let me retrieve this same
information in the code?

Regards,
Davis

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Brian E. Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I just double checked the code and this should work. Is it displaying
>  the list to the output? If not, then it's going to a file somewhere.
It
>  would be better to use ${project.build.directory}/output.txt instead
so
>  it goes to /target/output.txt

Zeno Consulting, Inc.
http://www.zenoconsulting.biz