You could do the following...

Copy ~/.m2/settings.xml to ~/.m2/settingsy.xml
Configure localRepository in settingsy.xml to point "somewhere else"

Copy MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn.bat to mvny.bat
Edit mvny.bat and append "-f ~/.m2/settingsy.xml" to the call to mvn

Then call normal "mvn" from X, and mvny from Y. This will
automatically use the 2 localRepositories without messing with poms or
logging in as 2 users etc. You just have to remember to use mvn in one
window and mvny in the other.

Wayne