On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Graham Leggett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Richard Chamberlain wrote:
>
>  > If you using java 5 as your JAVA_HOME I would also recommend setting the
>  > executable compiler to use.
>  >
>  >       <executable>path.to.jdk\1.4.2\bin\javac.exe</executable>
>
>  The side effect of this is that you produce code that now only compiles
>  on one person's machine, and that is *very* un-repeatable.

You can use a property like ${JAVA_1_4_HOME} as suggested in the
compiler plugin docs.

It's more configuration (devs may have to set that property in
settings.xml) but if you need to compile with a certain JDK, you can d
     This assumes you have control of the release environment, as
you'd want to make sure the property was _really_ set to the location
of a 1.4 JDK.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/compile-using-different-jdk.html

--
Wendy