Hello,
   I am using version 0.9.6 of this plugin and I have a question. As I
currently have the plugin setup, using the phase of <validate>, when I run a
mvn compile, it incrememnts the number. I only want the build number to
increment if I run a mvn package. Now I looked at setting the phase to
<package> but it builds the jar first then runs this so the jar version is
null.

Does anyone know how to set this up so that it only runs when I do a mvn
package and it runs before the jar is created? I looked into the phase of
pre-package but that does not work in maven 2.0.9.

Thanks,
Mark