Thanks for the quick response.  I tried it, but I couldn't figure out how to:
1. Get my .class files in there either.
2. Set up the manifest.

Here's what I've got so far:
<assembly>
    <id>dist</id>
    <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
    <formats>
        <format>jar</format>
    </formats>
    <fileSets>
        <fileSet>
            <directory>target/classes</directory>
            <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>
            <includes>
                <include>*.class</include>
            </includes>
        </fileSet>
        <fileSet>
            <directory>src/main/scripts</directory>
            <outputDirectory>scripts</outputDirectory>
            <includes>
                <include>*.groovy</include>
            </includes>
        </fileSet>