From: Brett Porter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:48 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Memory issues in 2.0.9

I think I can confirm this is a problem in 2.0.9. But first things
first.

To lock down your plugins, follow the instructions in the enforcer
plugin:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/rules/requirePlugi
nVersions.html

You'll need the snapshot version of the enforcer plugin for this,
however.

I had already locked mine down according to this, so I should be
getting consistent versions between 2.0.8 and 2.0.9. I had been
getting OOME errors recently and blamed it on plugins that I'd meant
to track down (and meanwhile had bumped my memory settings up).
However, reverting those settings, the same build passes on 2.0.8, but
fails on 2.0.9.

I know I had similar problems with Maven trunk that not everyone could
reproduce, so there might be additional environmental factors. Anyone
should be able to test this by building Archiva trunk.

I've got to run, but I'll ensure there's an issue in for 2.0.10 on this
later.

Cheers,
Brett

2008/5/16 Ryan Moquin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Ah ok.  So by using 2.0.9 I will have different versions of plugins
> downloaded into my plugins directory, but with 2.0.8 it will use a
different
> set?  I figured the behavior of which ones they use would be the same.
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Brian E. Fox
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Same thought here, it's more likely that plugins changed. If you go
back
>> to 2.0.8 and run with -U, then you should get the same plugins as
2.0.9

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/