Hi, I'm trying to build a simple war using maven 2 the structure follows the
standard directory layout:

sja/src/main/resources contains a property file
sja/src/main/webapp contains the webapp and has the following subdirs

./css
./WEB-INF/defs
./WEB-INF/beans
./WEB-INF/flows
./WEB-INF/jsps

my pom is as follows:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
                      http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>

        <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
        <parent>
                <artifactId>base-project</artifactId>
                <groupId>com.sms</groupId>
                <version>1.0</version>
        </parent>
        <groupId>com.sms.iforms2.forms</groupId>
        <artifactId>sjawar</artifactId>
        <packaging>war</packaging>
        <name>SJA war</name>

        <dependencies>
        </dependencies>
        <version>1.0</version>

        <build>
                <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                                <configuration>

                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>
        </build>
</project>

base project just contains the pointer to a maven proxy repository - no
actual application configuration.

when i run the build (mvn clean package) I get a war file but within the
WEB-INF/classes directory is another nested copy of the entire war so in
effect i end with with:

sjawar-1.0.war/web-inf/classes/sjawar-1.0/web-inf   etc

Could someone please help me with this as I'm totally stuck.

Thanks!