The Mojo project at Codehaus uses webdav for site deployment. Perhaps you can pick up a clue or two by looking at their parent POM:

  http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/tags/mojo-17/pom.xml

The users of that parent doesn't have to configure anything related to site deployment.

The configuration that I have in my settings.xml for that server looks like the one you have shown below.

rossputin wrote:
Hi,

I have since successfully deployed the site with scp, so the problem is
definitely with webdav, or my configuration of it.

My parent pom.xml contains a 'distributionManagement' element as below:

<distributionManagement>
<site>
<id>ourproject.website</id>
<url>dav:http://our.webserver.com/projects/ourproject</url>
</site>
</distributionManagement>

My settings.xml has an entry as below:

<server>
<id>ourproject.website</id>
<username>ouruser</username>
<password>ourpassword</password>
</server>

I tried also adding to my build element:

<extensions>
<extension>
<groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
<artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
<version>1.0-beta-2</version>
</extension>
</extensions>

I also tried changing the version of wagon-webdav to 1.0-beta-1.

Thanks for your help,

regards,

Ross

rossputin wrote:
Hi,

I am using maven 2.0.9, and everything is working great except for site
deployment with webdav.  I have not tried any other kind of deployment
yet, as I do it manually, so it may not be just site deployment that is
not working for me.  I have an apache webdav setup in place, and can
access it in a browser or in Cadaver via command line.  When I execute my
maven site:deploy command, I always get a '500 Internal Server Error' with
wagon-webdav 1.0-beta-2, and with wagon-webdav 1.0-beta-1 nothing much
seems to happen, the process executes successfully, but nothing is copied
across.

Has anyone successfully deployed with any recent version of maven over
webdav?  One of the books I have on it suggests using it.  I have not seen
much on the mailing list though.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ross

--