On 22-May-08, at 12:41 AM, Tim Kettler wrote:

> [x] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

HTTPS actually

> [ ] Our team uses the filesystem

Don't using this at the moment, but I think a filesystem based repository could be really useful for example when one wants/needs to ship a repository with a product.

I have often has cases where this is desirable, but the the desire is usually to incorporate that into the existing repository infrastructure. So that mean a tool to create a repository, and then have that repository be imported.

-Tim

Jason van Zyl schrieb:
Hi,
I'm just trying to get some data on what protocol is used to retrieve artifacts. This question strictly relates to what you use for retrieval. Most people I have seen use a web server or a shared network drive, but I'd like to get some feedback.
[ ] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
[ ] Our team intends to use HTTP to retrieve our artifacts
[ ] Our team uses the filesystem
[ ] Our team does not use HTTP or the filesystem because .... please say what protocol you use and the reason
Thanks,
Jason

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

-- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance