Every maven plugin has documentation on the maven site. It is the best
place to look for answers to questions like this. See:
  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/plugin-info.html

As the documentation says, writing a <target> tag is NOT allowed within
the pom.xml file.

So I would define this stuff in a separate build.xml file.  The antrun
plugin can then be configured to execute a task in this separate file,
using the <ant> tag. And you can run the file directly from ant when you
want.

FYI, you can run the ant definition directly with
  antrun:run
but you cannot specify a target as far as I can see. And that makes
sense, as the maven-antrun-plugin doesn't allow targets to be defined
within the pom.xml file.

Regards,
Simon