From: Paul Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 2:22 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Building for different environments - how do _you_ do it?

The best thing is to NOT create a different build for different
environments.

When environment specific stuff is needed (EARs and WARs) look up the
info
from JNDI and put that configuration on the server.
Then if something needs to change, you don't need to create a new build.

If you have to do it, you could probably create a profile for each
environment setting a variable.
Then the files specific to that environment could be "filtered" based on
the
value of that variable.
You'd just specify the profile to use when creating the build.