Hi,
I would appreciate it very much if someone can direct me to the location of the plugin (jar file) which handles packaging type definitions as described in an earlier post I sent.

For some bizarre reason, which I can only attribute to not having enough coffee today, I am unable to locate it in my repository!

Many thanks in advance.

--
Regards

Andrew

Hi,
I'm currently editing the PLEXUS\components file:

[code]
    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping</role>
      <role-hint>spring</role-hint>
<implementation>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.DefaultLifecycleMapping</implementation>
      <configuration>
        <lifecycles>
          <lifecycle>
            <id>default</id>
            <phases>
            </phases>
          </lifecycle>
        </lifecycles>
      </configuration>
    </component>
[/code]

and in regards to the <package/> section what I wish to do is to specify a package returned with a file extension of .spring. I have tried to specify org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:spring but of course an 'plugin does not exist' error is then generated. How do I specify this in the document?

Many thanks in advance.
--
Regards

Andrew
Hi,

Back in the days there used to be a piece of information on specifying a new
package on the maven web site. I found a backup at [1]. Also at [2] there is
issue with patch which adds a new packaging. So maybe you have to patch a
custom maven installation to provide your package type.

Hth,

[1]
http://www.propellors.net/maven/site/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
[2]