Hi,

Peter Horlock schrieb:
Hi Rémy, thanks for your reply. I also tried mvn package -Pmyflag, but this
did't work out either - btw -p SPACE FLAG is what is said on the maven docu
site:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html :

mvn groupId:artifactId:goal -P profile-1,profile-2

However, the new Maven - The definitive Guide - Pdf book says -PMYFLAG.

-------
Next, as you suggested, I tried it directly without a profile, and it
neither worked :-(
I am not even sure if what I am trying is supposed to be working - I
am trying to exclude certain classes or package - not simple
exluding a certain src folder, like "include "src/java" but exclude
"src/java2" or so - I am trying to do in on a package or class basis -

                    <plugin>
                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <phase>package</phase>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>jar</goal>
                                </goals>
                                <configuration>
                                    <excludes>

<exclude>**/com/mycompany/mypackage/mysubpackage/MyClassA.java</exclude>

<exclude>**/com/mycompany/mypackage/mysubpackage/packageA/*</exclude>

<exclude>**/com/mycompany/mypackage/mysubpackage/packageB/*</exclude>
                                    </excludes>
                                </configuration>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                    </plugin>

I suppose the exclude paths are wrong - but how should I define them?
src/java/com...?

The jar-plugin works on the compiled output in target/classes, so ecluding *.java files can't work. I just tried with a simple test project:

  .
  |-- pom.xml
  `-- src
      `-- main
          `-- java
              |-- pkg1
              |   |-- Class1.java
              |   `-- Class2.java
              `-- pkg2
                  |-- Class1.java
                  `-- Class2.java

and this plugin configuration in the pom:

  <plugin>
    <configuration>
      <excludes>
        <exclude>pkg1/Class1.class</exclude>
        <exclude>pkg2/**</exclude>
      </excludes>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>

After 'mvn package' the resulting jar contained just pkg1/Class2.class, just as expected.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Hope this helps
-Tim