thanks a lot, this helped.

One more, however:
Now it creates the jar as it should, but I would like to have a different
name for it when installating it into the local / remote repo.

Under target, it creates:
myproject-mysubversion-1.1.jar

but when installing or deploying, it installs /deploys it as:
myproject-1.1.jar (just like the jar that contains all classes).
I tried:
            <plugin>
                        <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
                        <configuration>
                             <artifactId>myproject-mysubversion</artifactId>
                        </configuration>
         </plugin>

as well as:
            <plugin>
                        <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
                        <configuration>
<file>yproject-mysubversion-${version}.${packaging}</file>
                        </configuration>
         </plugin>

but both just installed the file as myproject-1.1.jar into my repository.
This could lead to really bad confusions... :-(

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

Peter Horlock