From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 June 2008 1:31 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Transitive dependency problem

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Matias Otero
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm having a problem where a project using the assembly plugin is
> copying two versions of the jaxb-api jar (1.0.5 & 2.0) to the
> WEB-INF/lib directory of a webapp the assembly is creating.

My guess is that you're picking up jaxb-api from two different groupIds,
and so Maven does not know they are the "same".

I can see jaxb-api listed in at least two groups:  javax.xml and
javax.xml.bind http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/jaxb-api
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/bind/jaxb-api

You can build with -X or use the dependency plugin to display all the
information, and then you may need to use exclusions to get rid of the
one you don't want.

--
Wendy