Ravinder Kankanala schrieb:
Hi

Hi,

neither the issues nor the developer mailinglists are the right place for this kinds of questions. Please ask usage related questions on the users list next time. Apart from these lists just being the wrong place to ask this kinds of question, the audience (and therefore your chance to get an answer) is much larger on the users list.

I've moved this thread to the users list, so please answer there.

I have download the maven2.0.9 and I have set the maven path.

Then I have created one folder my-app, in that I have created pom.xml file.

Then I executed this command like this

C:\mvnapp>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app
-DartifactId=my-app

You don't need to manually create the project directory and pom file. That's part of what the archetype plugin you tried to use is meant for.

I am getting the following error:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.

[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be
retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file

[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

[INFO]

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: 32 seconds

[INFO] Finished at: Fri Jun 20 12:03:47 IST 2008

[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/254M

[INFO]

So please anything else need to configure and anything else modify to it
pom.xml file.

This error usually means that maven can't communicate with the remote repository (note the 'Error transferring file' warning). Most often this is caused by some firewall or proxy setup that is needed to allow maven to access the internet. Instructions on how to configure proxy settings in maven are located here [1].

As a general suggestion to new users I advice you to at least read the 'Getting Started Guide' [2] and also take a look at the available free book about maven2 listed here [3].

Please help in this  I need urgent.

Is there any required to additional configuration.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

KRReddy

-Tim