From: Bengali Bengali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Subject: Problem with dependencies leakage when executed from parent pom
To: users@maven.apache.org

Hi,

i have a problem with a Maven 2.0.8 build which behaves differently when
executed in child pom than from the parent.

It seems that when i execute the build from my parent i get dependencies in
my child pom that i shouldn't get.
( a dependency leakage)

I really need help on this:

I ran a mvn dependency:tree from my parent and here's the output for the
dependencies of my child project:

[INFO] [dependency:tree]
[INFO]
biz.dewavrin.seamphony.sip-os:SIP-OS-ESB-CRM2BACKEND:esb:1.0.00-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] +- junit:junit:jar:4.3.1:test
[INFO] +- javax.mail:mail:jar:1.4:test
[INFO] +-
biz.dewavrin.seamphony.sip-gs:SIP-GS-WAR-WS:jar:wsclient:1.0.00-SNAPSHOT:compil

When i ran my build from my parent i get other dependencies (here
SIP-GS-JAR-CORE):
[DEBUG]
biz.dewavrin.seamphony.sip-gs:SIP-GS-WAR-WS:jar:wsclient:1.0.00-SNAPSHOT:compile
(selected for compile)
[DEBUG]
biz.dewavrin.seamphony.sip-gs:SIP-GS-JAR-CORE:jar:1.0.00-SNAPSHOT:compile
(selected for compile)

I don't understand since it has been explicitely excluded from my child pom
(and not defined in the parent):

        <dependency>
          <groupId>biz.dewavrin.seamphony.sip-gs</groupId>
          <artifactId>SIP-GS-WAR-WS</artifactId>
          <version>${version}</version>
          <classifier>wsclient</classifier>
          <exclusions>
            <exclusion>
               <groupId>biz.dewavrin.seamphony.sip-gs</groupId>
               <artifactId>SIP-GS-JAR-CORE</artifactId>
            </exclusion>
          </exclusions>
        </dependency>

The SIP-GS-JAR-CORE dependency is packaged in my child artifact but it
shouldn't.

Could it be the classifier which could cause problems, exclusion is ignored
(only when ran from parent) ?

Thanks for your help,
Luc