Well, that's what Grouper is, but Signet is also a non-Maven project. I created pom files for each of them, though, and specified them in my install:install-file command.

And yet, I only get the warning on Grouper.

****** I just figured it out! *****

The pom file for Grouper has the wrong groupId. I had changed it at one point and failed to edit the pom file.

Thanks to all for their advice,

-K