Ok, it just seemed to be because the output is very weird:

>>> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: ' -X install'.
>>> [INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
>>> [INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
>>> [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin:
>>> checking for updates from central
>>> [WARNING] POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X
>>> install-plugin:pom:LATEST' is invalid. It will be ignored for
>>> artifact resolution. Reason: Failed to validate POM for project
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin at Artifact
>>> [org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin:pom:LATEST]

Do you see all the "-X"? it seemed to search for a "maven- -X install-plugin" and it surely won't find that.

Stefan

María Isabel López Sánchez-Huete wrote:
   Thank you, for your rapid answer.

I guess it´s not the problem. These options only shows a more detailled error message. The build error is the same without these options.

   Any other idea?

Stefan Seidel escribió:
hi,

the problem seems to be your -X. Try without -e and without -X.

Stefan

María Isabel López Sánchez-Huete wrote:
    Hí,

I'm a beginner in this matter, and I'm lost. I expect somebody can help me.

    I´m trying to install dspace 1.5 on Solaris 10 in a SPARC computer.

    I read the installation documentation, and follow the steps.

My problems is about installing the oracle library ojdbc14.jar. I put in my current directory the ojdbc14.jar file, but when I run mvn -e -X install:install-file -Dfile=ojdbc14.jar -DgroupId=com.oracle -DartifactId=ojdbc14 -Dversion=10.2.0.2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
    The following error appears (I reproduce only the first lines):
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: ' -X install'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin: checking for updates from central [WARNING] POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin:pom:LATEST' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Failed to validate POM for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin at Artifact [org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin:pom:LATEST] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: maven- -X install-plugin
Version: LATEST
Reason: Unable to determine the latest version
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin:pom:LATEST
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to build project information for plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin': POM 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin' not found in repository: Unable to determine the latest version
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven- -X install-plugin:pom:LATEST
(...)

    Any idea? Thanks in advance.