Hi, Martin

        Yes, that works fine:

$ mvn -version
Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.5.0_06
OS name: "sunos" version: "5.10" arch: "sparc" Family: "unix"

        It's the way I probe that maven was correctly installed in my computer.

        Marisa.

Martin Höller escribió:
You don't need a pom.xml file for installing an artifact. Jörg just suspected there existed one which could be the cause for your problems.

The problems you are facing is not really maven related. Maven gets the wrong arguments somehow. Does a 'mvn -version' (without quotes) work? What does it say? It should say something like

  $ mvn -version
  Maven version: 2.0.9
  Java version: 1.5.0_15
  OS name: "linux" version: "2.4.34.5-xss-std" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

- martin