Mikel Cármenes Cavia wrote:
That makes pretty good sense.

Good to hear :-)

So, from what I understand, you do keep your jar dependencies in a lib
folder or some other sort of external storage, correct?

Yes, that's correct. That's a manual process, though because we never had the need to automate it (we rarely deploy from scratch but do updates ever so often).

Would it be possible for me to, after having obfuscated just my code, to
grab that jar and package it along with the other jar dependencies (such as
hibernate, jfreechart, etc) into another jar?

I don't see why that shouldn't be possible. Maven's lifecycle may get into your way, though: if you invoke mvn package now that's enough. But the package lifecycle phase is very much the last thing in the lifecycle and if you bind more than one plugin to package, the order is not guaranteed.

So I guess you might have to create another Maven module that depends on the output of this module and uses the assembly plugin to munge everything into one jar again.

-dirk