The short answer is, no you can't do that.

The longer answer is that the underlying framework Doxia, doesn't have a reader for (x)html files - only a writer. It has readers for the other formats, such as apt, xdoc and fml, but not for html. Writing such a reader is difficult because of the often poor xml compliance of html files.

My advice to you is to convert your html files to xdoc files. It is not so much work to do that. That's what I did when faced with a similar task.

Chris Berry wrote:
Greetings,
Is there a way to include straight HTML files into a site (using mvn site:site) and have them skinned along with all the other files?? (e.g. index.apt, xdoc files, etc.) I have many HTML files in site/resources/. And I want them to have the same, standard Maven header, side navigation bar, logos, etc. It seems that this should be possible since the maven-site-plugin seems capable of doing it...
Thanks,
-- Chris

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com

Dennis Lundberg