buters schrieb:

would you explain me how can I acces to e.g.
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/

I know that I have to add this in settings.txt

You probably mean settings.xml.

<servers>
  <server>
</servers>

This is only needed if the repository is password protected. For public repositories like central, codehaus or the jboss repository you can simply omit that part, just configure the repository in the repositories section and you are done.

It is clear in case of Artifactory which id, username and password should be
used.
But which id, username and password must I use for other remote repositories
(beside central)?

Thanks beforehand,
regards, buters

-Tim