Hi all,

I've been trying to build an environment for developing web applications
that generate WAR files with a productive debug/development process.
I'm using JBoss as the application server. Tomcat is a no go and Jetty has
issues with some bytecode APIs I use.

All is working fine in the traditional way. I package the WAR, deploy it to
the server with the cargo plugin and test it.
Through JBoss Eclipse Plugin I have debug and hotcode replacement for java
classes, BUT not for JSPs!
How can I make JBoss aware of JSP/CSS/JS changes?

I have seen a bunch of examples for Tomcat and Jetty to indicate a path to
the webapp folder.
For JBoss the only solution so far has always included building an exploded
WAR somewhere and point JBoss deploy URLs to it so it deploys them.
Even the solution of using the war:inplace is not functional since JBoss
deployer only scans WAR/JAR/EAR/etc files. A directory like
"src/main/webapp" is simply ignored.

All I wanted to do was deploy the application through Maven a Eclipse
lanched debug JBoss instance and be able to change my JSP files and refresh
them on the browser.
As anyone been able to do this?

Thanks,

--
Pedro Viegas

Walking on water and developing software
from a specification are easy if both are
frozen.
- Edward V. Berard