I jsut read and re-read the docs on the Assembly plugin. It looks like just
the thing I need but I have one problem. I can't figure out which features
to use to do what I need. I need to unpack the source of
runtime-dependencies into a specified directory. The dependencies in
question already have source classified archives in our internal repo. I
know there's a simple way to do this I'm just too overwhelemd with all of
the docs and examples almost getting to the point but missing it. This is
what I have so far:
<plugin>
                <version>2.2-beta-2</version>
                <dependencies>
                    <dependency>
                       <artifactId>mobileshared</artifactId>
                       <groupId>com.mapquest.mobile.shared</groupId>
                       <version>1.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>unpack-dependencies</id>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <configuration>
                            <archiverManager>zip</archiverManager>
                            <descriptors>

<descriptor>src/main/resources/assembly.xml</descriptor>
                            </descriptors>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
and my assembly.xml located under src/main/resources/assembly.xml:

<assembly>
  <dependencySets>
    <dependencySet>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
      <outputDirectory>gensrc</outputDirectory>
      <unpack>true</unpack>
    </dependencySet>
  </dependencySets>
</assembly>

The working dir is populated with all dependency extracts but I don't get
anything in my gensrc folder. What am I doing wrong?

-----
Cliff
http://codeforfun.wordpress.com
http://www.nabble.com/file/u156847/Cliff-in-the-lab.png