I do understand the dependency and packaging concepts, but I failed to get
it working by refering to another artifact even though i ran "mvn install"
on the dependent artifact. (ok, it only installed it in my local repository,
but that shouldn't matter?)
But this is the way it is supposed to work apparently?

So, the EAR packaging is actually just an artifact packaging a bunch of
other artifacts into an EAR package?
The documentation for the EAR plugin describes this badly... also, what
packaging types should the referred packages have? I assume jar?

//Kent