From: Brett Porter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 11:17 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Maven 'deploy' relationship to large-scale software
deployment

Say you are deploying to Jetty , and you configure all your database
settings via jetty.xml that is part of the installation. I'm just
saying that while it can help, that's typically out of the scope of
Maven so what ever tool you choose (if any at all) for that env should
manage and version the configuration. It could be as simple as
checking out the configuration files from subversion and some scripts
for restarting an individual server and updating the web application,
or an extensive automated configuration management solution.

- Brett