Thanks Tommy,

Actually i didn't state the complete problem before( sorry my fault)..

if i stop maven from updating in between ( CTRL + C and terminate all batch
jobs) and now if i try the same commands with the offline option , it says
that it cannot find some artifacts ( probably the ones i stopped from
downloading before).

Is there anyway of getting around this problem.

Best Regards,
Goutham Rao