I got the ant wrapped in a maven plugin working.. but there was little point
when exec:exec was available. I've since used this to sucessfully invoke the
csvs 2003 compiler (as below).

However, now that I am building the exe I need to set the
<packaging>exe</packaging> so that it can complete all build phases. I
notice that the native plugin does this although Im not sure how, and there
doesn't seem to be alot of documentation on this. Im hoping there is
something under the hood that I can use.

Cheers.

    <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.1</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>compile</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>exec</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <configuration>
          <executable>Devenv.com</executable>
          <workingDirectory>..</workingDirectory>
          <arguments>
            <argument>/build</argument>
            <argument>release</argument>
            <argument>${project.name}/${project.name}.sln</argument>
          </arguments>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>