From: Andreas Heinecke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:04 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Release fails during SVN commit

Hi there,

I encountered a strange problem. Since a few weeks I'm not able to perform a
release with Maven. The release process fails during executing the
release:prepare goal at the same position, always. The point at which the
release fails is when Maven tries to commit the release POM's to SVN. This
commit fails with the error message that the file which is about to be
committed already exists at the position in SVN. But it isn't there.
Strange, uh?

I actually checked the tagbase configuration of the plugin and tried to
alter it, but the effect remains.
I don't know what I can try to fix this issue.
The last thing altered at the configuration is a switch of the SVN server.
We had to switch to a newer SVN version 1.5.0. We also switched to the new
1.5.0 SVN client as we know that there are problems with newer server
software and older client software.

Please find parts of my pom.xml configuration attached below.

Any pointers are welcome.

Regards,
Andreas.

My SCM configuration:
<scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/svndir/project</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/svndir/project</develope
rConnection>
    <url>http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/svndir/project</url>
</scm>

My release plugin configuration:
<plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
    <configuration>
        <tagBase>http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/svndir/project/tags</tagBase>
        <autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
        <preparationGoals>clean install</preparationGoals>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from
Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information
contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or
non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws.
Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the
delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas
City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.