Stefan,

If it works for you, is it because it's a single module with no nested
modules?

I have maven 2.0.9, svn 1.5.1 (trigis.org build), Java 1.6.0_06, Windows XP
SP2,

It's interesting that the command that fails:

  svn --non-interactive copy --file
C:\DOCUME~1\UT159N\LOCALS~1\Temp\maven-scm-1777868452.commit .
http://svnserver/svn/REPO1/Projects/InstallTools/tags/installer-0.5

also fails if I run it manually, but if I run 'svn up' then rerun it, it
works.

It's as if the previous commit has not updated the working copy in someway.

I tried to reproduce the problem in pure svn commands, creating a new repo,
adding files, tagging, then going back to a previous revision, then tagging
again.  But I was unable to reproduce it.

Perhaps there is a way to get the SCM plugin to log every command it runs,
see which step is not updating the working copy.

Thanks

David