All you have to do is enable filtering on src/test/resources. I don't believe
filtering is enabled on src/main/resources by default either.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 2:53 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: from workaround to workaround 3

Hi,

This is the third part of: how accessing properties from settings in test
classes?

Finally I copied the -maven-plugin file by file from the codehaus server into
our internal repository and now it was found by Maven. However, on running it
during the generate-test-resources phase nothing happens. Why? I looked into
the source code of the plugin. It uses project.getActiveProfiles() and this
method returns an empty list. But I have a profile defined in settings which is
set active with <activeProfile>. Why does the getActiveProfiles() method
returns zero?

At the end of this frustrating story I wrote a plugin myself which did the task
of writing all properties from settings into a file in target directory which
uses ${project.properties} and finally this works but it was a really long way
for a simple problem.

Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards

Wolfgang Winter

System Analyst