Our CI server builds and deploys snapshots to our nexus repository
server every time someone commits.

During the build of a snapshot multi-module project, it downloads the
previous snapshots of the modules to the local repository, even though
they are in the reactor about to be built. This has the effect of
causing the local repository to very quickly increase in size,
containing every snapshot ever built.

I can easily create a cron job to clean these up, but it does seem
like incorrect behaviour on the part of maven (version 2.0.9).

Will the resolution of this issue
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3685 (Dependency can't be resolved
but has been found in the reactor) fix my problem?

thanks.
Craig