From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 11:11 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Are we blocked by central Maven repo?

IIRC Central is well over 10gb at this point (possibly 20gb) and a
given organization will really only use at the most 1gb of it, so
rsync'ing it is just a bad idea unless you are setting up an actual
external mirror that will be available to the community.

They are already using Artifactory, and I certainly hope/assume they
are caching the results. This would limit their use of Central to one
access per artifact (GAV) plus some hits by people not using their
Artifactory instance.

I would generally doubt they are actually blocked by Central, but
rather this is an intermittent failure that will eventually resolve
itself.

Wayne