Set the groupId of the plugin:
<groupId>com.servprise.maven.plugins</groupId>

Their instructions seem odd to me (creating a dependency instead of
setting the version and group in the plugin tag). Give this a try
instead of using a <dependency>:

     <plugin>
       <artifactId>maven-jython-plugin</artifactId>
       <groupId>com.servprise.maven.plugins</groupId>
       <version>0.3</version>
       <executions>
         <execution>
           <id>compile</id>