On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 04:41, Andy Law <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stefan Fritz-2 wrote:
> The main clincher is that we generally run all our sub-modules as children
> of a parent super-module. That's only possible with the root approach.

Nonsense, you can create any kind of combination using svn:externals.
It might even be advisable to always create a project
(trunk/tags/branches) per module (allowing you to release separate
parts should the need arise) and create an extra umbrella project
(using a modules build) using svn:externals when and where that makes
sense. But you could go the other way as well. It's mostly a matter of
personal preference.

As long as all projects/modules are in the same repository going back
and forth is easy. See what works and adjust accordingly.