The dependency plugin plays no part in the default lifecycle, it's a
utility player like assembly that lets you copy, unpack and analyze
things. Those messages are probably coming from the war plugin itself.

-----Original Message-----
From: David C. Hicks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:09 PM
To: Maven Users
Subject: How to silence Dependency plugin?

I'm getting a bunch of messages from the Dependency plugin (i think)
during the [war:war] phase of my build.  They are of the form:

[INFO] Dependency [Dependency ... ] has changed (was Dependency ...).

The weird thing is that the before and after dependencies are actually
identical.  So, I fail to see what changed.  Is there any way to
shut this thing up?  It's just a bunch of clutter, as far as I can
tell.  I tried adding the dependency plugin with the <silent> option...

<plugin>
    <configuration>
       <silent>true</silent>
    </configuration>