I cannot seem to get surefire to NOT load junit-3.8.1. None of my projects --
directly or transitively -- import junit-3.8.1, yet at runtime surefire adds
it to the classpath (in front of junit-dep-4.5 nonetheless).

Using --debug I can see the dependency tree of each project, none of which
include junit-3.8.1.

I have added "<junitArtifactName>junit:junit-dep</junitArtifactName>" do the
surefire configuration. I found this via a post, not in any documentation so
I don't really know if it /should/ work.

Any help on resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

-barry