Hi,

It seems that I need to add all my dependencies in my pom.xml 2 times when I
use a war project with cargo. Is there a way to avoid this? This is very
annoying to try to find out all the dependencies (and their transitive
dependencies manually) and have to add those to the <dependencies/> section
of the cargo plugin. According to the documentation (
http://cargo.codehaus.org/Starting+and+stopping+a+container#Startingandstoppingacontainer-extrajars)
this is only needed if you want to share between web projects, but I only
have 1 and I still have to do it, otherwise I get ClassNotFoundExceptions.

This is my pom.xml (partially):

    <packaging>war</packaging>
    <build>
        <finalName>server-web</finalName>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
                <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>0.3</version>
                <configuration>
                    <container>
                        <containerId>tomcat5x</containerId>
                        <zipUrlInstaller>
                            <url>
http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.27/bin/apache-tomcat-5.5.27.zip
</url>
                            <installDir>${installDir}</installDir>
                        </zipUrlInstaller>
                        <systemProperties>

<java.net.preferIPv4Stack>true</java.net.preferIPv4Stack>
                        </systemProperties>
                        <dependencies>
                            LONG LIST OF DEPENDENCIES HERE

regards,