Hello, I was a long-time Ant user mainly because of the gigs I had all used
Ant. There are various camps out there with the Pro's and Con's of both build
systems. Ant is full control you do what you want limited only by your skill or
lack thereof with the Ant language. Yes, Ant is more of a procedural build
sytem. Maven: on the other is a so-called 'descriptive' build system. Depending
upon your needs there are advantages and disadvantages to both systems. I would
say that if you have a relatively fixed and relatively well defined number of
apps, libs, jars, wars and ears to generate and you don't want your developers
to have to become build experts Maven may be the better choice. On the other
hand if your systems are wide ranging but interdependent and in need of
non-native or maverick libraries and or proprietary jar, wars and ears then
Ant. May be a better choice. There are gurus out there such as: Steve Loughran
that will put a lot more weight into the use of Ant (and for
  a good reason) than the use of Maven. Maven on the other hand allows the use
of Ant tasks more-or-less directly as part of the Maven build. HTH, David.

dr2238 wrote ..
>               I have knowledge on ant, but doesn't have any knowledge on
> maven.   I heard other say ant is kind of procedural language , while maven
> is an objected oriented language.
>
> Is that true?   Could anyone explain it to me a little bit?    It would be
> great if you can show me some small examples to let me understand what is
> the difference between them.
>

> thanks a lot for your help
>

> Daniel
Yet some, not wise, go to the other side of the globe, to barbarous and
unhealthy regions, and devote ten or twenty years, in that they may live,-that
is, keep comfortably warm,- and die in New England at last.

Henry David Thoreau - Walden - 1845