>From my experience, using RELEASE as a version identifier works for any
kinds of artifacts given the fact that you should have install or deployed
the artifact using the parameter updateReleaseInfo to true.
Using the LATEST version identifier is available only for Maven plugins, not
for standards artifacts, because the artifact metadata needs to store this
information and this is only possible through the maven plugin plugin.

Regards
Jeff MAURY

--
La mélancolie c'est communiste
Tout le monde y a droit de temps en temps

Miossec (2006)

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.lastfm.fr/listen/user/jeffmaury/personal