Brett,

We thought about adding the version numbers to a master pom but this would cause trouble if we start branching. I guess we will have to move away from our "project type" specific poms to a single master pom and then we can use the moude-build pom to define the versions.

Thanks
Stefan

Brett Porter wrote:
No, there is only single inheritance, so you can't have different inheritance and a central location, unless there is a common ancestor somewhere.

The setup you describe sounds rather confusing - Maven inheritance differs from the object oriented concept in that it is largely structural rather than "typed". Can you have the types share a single ancestor so the module build and the inheritance hierarchy line up?

Cheers,
Brett